Saturday, March 6, 2010

Score!

So tonight was family fun night, except we didn't play Scrabble like normal. We went to a hockey game. Well not all of us...just me, Sjp, my God-Daughter, my nina and nino/dad (complicated), Granny was suppose to join us but she bailed because she got mad at Nina. Thats the story of my life, someone in my family not getting along with someone else. We're like a family of 8 on my mom's side and its so dysfunctional you'd think we were like 30. I was really looking forward to going with Granny to her first hockey game too. She's kind of funny at sporting events. Well, she talks alot and doesn't understand that I really want to watch the game and doesn't get the bond Sjp and I have with sports. But I love the old lady and just have to laugh when she tells me crazy stuff like how she use to play softball in school but she stopped playing because she didn't want to sweat.lol. To me, its just cool anywhere near competitive sports. My sweetheart and I will go to the park and watch some random soccer game and just pick teams to see who has to pick dinner or something? Its just that way. But tonight was cool because it was FREE! Who doesn't love a free fun night? So anyways, I cruised up to Nina's and of course she hooked us up with a home cooked meal. You know my butt doesn't cook often so it was delish and of course Sjp took some rice home. She says her Nina and Brenda make the best rice. I guess that means my rice sucks:), lol. Tonight reminded me of when I was a kid and my nina would take us to baseball games, me, my bro and my cousin. But if you know my nina, then you know she's a little crazy. Like tonight she was freaking out everytime a player checked the opposing team. I thought she was gonna knock me out or make me deaf with her screaming (ok, a little embarrassing but at least she was paying attention). Anyways, the night was fun because we don't spend alot of time together and its always nice to do things with family, well most times. Which is why I don't understand why we don't do more? I mean, now we don't even really spend Thanksgiving or Christmas together, its like a chore to even call and wish everyone Happy Easter or Feliz Navidad or Gung Hai Fat Choi (ok, pushing it). I mean, forget about Easter. I don't want it to be like this forever, I want my daughter to recognize the importance of family and I mean, you only get one and you can't choose them - so love them, embrace them, ACCEPT it. Overall, it was a nice evening...pictures to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment