Thursday, October 13, 2011

Its spooookyyy ooookieeee...

hahaha, its rolie polie time. Ok, inside joke but reminds me of my baby. Its all about the Spooky Bash, aka Halloween Party @ 837 2011 baby. Thats right, we had a party. That just sounds funny because we don't entertain much on our side of MPK. As much as I like to, its alot of work and in a flash party's over. So my mom had the bright idea of having a Halloween Party for Samantha because what Samantha wants, Samantha gets...umm, ya right. Clearly I would love to give my child everything her heart desires and I do love parties but like I said, its alot of work and stress really.

Anyways, hahaha anyways Mom - we all pulled together and pulled off Spooky Bash 2011. The Victorvillians came down, that was cool, minus one or two but still we haven't seen the Victorvillians together since like Thanksgiving 8 years ago or something. I gotta hand it to the Victorvillians, they came out in full costumes, I love the enthusiasm and participation. Here's the breakdown of the day ok, week, sort of.


2 weeks before the party -
Mom: we should have a Halloween party, Samantha really wants one, Halloween is her favorite holiday and my grand-daughter should have a Halloween Party...ok! 
 Me: ugh, ya, you know its alot of work, I don't think so but I guess


1 week before the party -
Mom: we need to start making stuff for the Halloween Party, you make the invites. 
Me: ugh ok, I'll do them later, maybe at my lunch tomorrow. 
Mom: ok, whats the plan, what are we eating, how are we decorating, what are we doing. 
Me: ugh, i don't know. Whatever you want. 
Mom: write this down. 
Me: ok, in a minute......


Next day:
Mom - ok, I need a costume. I saw something on Martha Stewart. 
Me: Ok, I'm going to be a jellyfish, hahah just kidding. I'm still thinking. Also, I mailed the invites. 
Mom: Dang, its too late, no turning back now. Ok, go to Michaels and JoAnnn's after work, I need this, this, this, this.... a personal shopper basically.
Me: Oh yay


Next day:
Mom: Did you get my stuff I asked for? I've been thinking, we should have the party in the front, we can have it curtained off. 
Me: yes, I have your stuff, ok, whatever you want. We'll need help from my brother and Dad. 
Samantha: (headphones on, typing on the computer). 
Dad: I don't want to help, its not my party 
Mom: giving him the eye and saying " Your grand daughter wants a party, we're giving her one". 
Dad: (knows whats good for him and agrees).

Next few days:
Crafty central. Broom bags, candy bags, painting madness, spooky wreaths, another trip to Michaels and JoAnn's, trip planned for Walmart and Fosselmans.  Occassional snap from someone, whining about the party and their aching body parts, hahaha.

Day of the party
Mom: I don't have a costume, you didn't buy me spray adhesive and I can't be a skeleton with no bones. Me and my husband need a costume, make me one. 
Me: ok, you can be a cereal killer and Dad can be Super Gramps. 
Dad: no, I'm the photographer. 
Me: ok, whatever. We need to set up, where's my brother? 
Mom: I need to make the food. 
Samantha: (on the computer) 
Cats: wondering why the doors open, stretching and getting ready to sprint out in full break out mode although the only true escape artist is Double, Cleo and Arti are chickens and stay inside. 
Me: dang, I'm tired. This party planning sucks, they can't see my vision. I need like 8 arms and need to get in shape. My feet hurt, why am I wearing tights and a dress?


Party time!
The Victorvillians arrive, the front is transformed into a Spooky House. Let the fun begin...
The Family Altar

The Candy Bar

Frankie, finally able to use my hoarded decorations
my dream Hello Kitty costume, ok, really my dream HK costume was back in 6th grade when Heather Sanchez wore this awesome HK costume her mom made her, it was awesome but it was so big she had to have help put on the head, anyways.

Caught! Candy Bandit.

Kind Edward and Ricky from OmniTrans (Granny)

Bumblebee bzzzzzzzzz

 
Jessica Rabbit, I mean Nina
Pin the Bat game

Decorating pumpkins, of course mine is HK

Granny dominating the bean bag toss. She won!

Mike (Smarty Pants) almost won but Granny ended up kicking his butt too

Donut Eating game

All the grandkids

Whew its over!
 So the party was a success. Everyone had fun. Martha Stewart would have been proud of me and the family pulled together.

Mom:  thats the last party we ever have, that was alot of work. 
Me: OK!

Finally we agree on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment